Saturday, April 10, 2010

Medical Students Revisited

I should just write a blog dedicated to you. You all drive us nuts.

So you do realize you are supposed to be learning, right? We are your teachers. Please do not argue with me when I tell you that nitroPASTE Q5 mins PO is an inappropriate order and then tell me to "take it up with your supervising resident". Listen to me. I can teach you too. I have been around the block a few times. Telling me that will get me to completely ignore you, and you will miss out on all that learning because I will totally bypass you and deal with the resident, who happens to be my friend, and you will feel stupid. I'd rather you have a learning experience than feel stupid.

Like I told you..."You think of them as orders, we think of them as suggestions", and if it doesn't make sense we either change the order or ignore it. If I decide to ignore it I'd prefer you be open and approachable so you can LEARN, but if you aren't it's your loss. You'll miss out on all that teaching.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment